Friday, April 30, 2010

Martin Baro, the person that I admire.


Martín Baro is a person on my field that I admire, because he was the first social psychologist, he worked for equal opportunities of the people and justice.

Baro was born in 1942 in Spain and he died in 1989 in "El Salvador", he was murdered. He was psychologist and priest Jesuita. He was a very responsible student. He traveled to America Central in 1959 and he was a teacher in the Universidad Centroamericana Jose Simon Cañas. He was "the father" of Social Psychology of the liberation and he dedicated his life at class struggle and politics.

He wrote eleven books, many articles and magazines. His book "Psicología de la Liberación" is only an example of his thought.

I like Martín Baro because he was a men that worked, fought and died for his thought. And I like him because I share his ideology, he wanted to put together psychology and society.

I think that Martín Baro help psychology to open its way, it is very important that the psychology is based on the context of the people where they work.




1 comment:

  1. It is very interesting the person you choose. Reading to wat you posted, he is really a person to admire. Someone who fights for his dreams and even dies for them is a person to follow. Also, if you want to be a social psychologist, it is important to have examples and I think that he is really a good one.

    ReplyDelete